Celebrate Christmas with snapshots of this festive season by joining our last gimmick for this year!
1. The contest is open to all bona fide teachers and/or students from Smart Schools Program (SSP) partner schools and SSP Online Associates nationwide.
2. Photo entry should depict any of the following:
• The way Christmas is celebrated in your town, city, or province
• The one thing you would do to make this Christmas season memorable
• The meaning of Christmas for you
3. Photo requirements:
• Photo must be original.
• Photo must be in JPEG format (best resolution).
• Image size should be 5 MB or smaller.
• Any type of camera may be used (manual, SLR, digicam, digital SLR, cellphone camera, etc.).
• Photo entries SHOULD NOT be manipulated.
• All photos MUST have one-line caption.
* Non-compliance of the requirements will merit disqualification of entries.
4. Email your photo entries to sspgimmicks[@]gmail.com, with the subject: 2012 Smart Schools Christmas Photography Competition.
5. Don’t forget to provide the following details on the email message:
• Complete name
• Contact number (preferably mobile phone number)
• Home address
• Grade/ year level
• Name of school
6. Deadline of submission of entries is on December 27, 2012, 5 P.M.
7. All pictures will be uploaded on a separate album in our Facebook Page.
8. Voting starts on December 28 and ends on December 31, 5 P.M. To vote, go to the SSP Facebook page. Look for the “2012 SSP Christmas Photography Competition” photo album and click “Like” on your choice of photo. (Make sure that you “like” the SSP Facebook page first.)
9. Get all your friends, classmates and relatives to “Like” your photo entry.
10. Five (5) photos will be judged as winners, and another three (3) photos will be chosen as people’s choice awardees.
11. Criteria for judging the best photos are as follows:
• Photo ‘fit’ (Is the photo relevant to the theme?)
• Creativity (Does the photo show originality?)
• Overall impression (Does the photo have a “wow” factor?)
12. Winners will get a very special prize from Smart! We will also send winners printed version of their winning entries. List of winners will be posted in the Smart Schools Program website and Smart Schools Facebook page.